Chorus phone system upgrade project
This project successfully completed a major upgrade on 5 July 2022 to telephone lines and the supporting infrastructure for these, to provide the University with increased system stability and security.
- The Chorus Upgrade was completed on 5 July 2022, to improve system stability and security, but not change the features of physical desk phones, voicemail, or other services
- Specific features previously used by approximately 1,200 people in Chorus are no longer available in the new version. The relevant people were contacted and moved over to Telephony over Teams in advance of 5 July, with input from IT support staff (ITSS) and telephone coordinators in colleges, departments and elsewhere in the University
Over the next few years, we would like to help move everyone to the solution that works best for them, which is likely to be Telephony over Teams for many people, but not all. This work would be covered by future projects, which are dependent on funding. The Chorus Upgrade project will set the foundation for a service that is Microsoft Teams-compatible.
- An upgrade to the latest version (OpenScape v10)
- Prolong the working life of existing physical phones
- Moving to an enhanced virtual infrastructure, to provide increased stability and flexibility
- Replacement of end-of-life dedicated network hardware
- Makes further use of MS Teams functionality, which has been well adopted for calls, collaboration, meetings and internal communications
- A new strategic access management tool, allowing secure, managed, remote access for third party support engineers
The upgrade was completed on 5 July 2022.
For queries about your Chorus desk phone or Telephony over Teams, please contact your local IT Support or Telephone Coordinator in the first instance.
If you are a member of ITSS or a Telephone Coordinator, please use the Chorus service requests (for both Chorus and Telephony over Teams queries). If you unsure which service request you require, please select "Report a Telephony Problem".
The Chorus Project mailbox will close on 29 July.