Chorus, the university-wide telephony solution, was introduced in 2016 and the Chorus team in IT Services support over 15,000 physical handsets, along with software-phone (softphone) clients for end users and service desk colleagues.
The Chorus Upgrade project was commissioned to upgrade the system to the latest version (OpenScape v10), to maintain in-life support and provide access to new features and enhancements.
- An upgrade to the latest version
- Prolong the working life of existing physical phones
- Moving to an enhanced virtual infrastructure, to provide increased stability and flexibilty
- Replacement of end-of-life dedicated network hardware
- A new strategic access management tool, allowing secure, managed, remote access for third party support engineers
The upgrade is due to be completed in mid-2022.
A Chorus user group has been set up on Teams. If you are interested in joining this, and hearing about the progress being made by the project, you can join directly with the code 67s3u62.