A staff survey was carried out in September 2017. The aim was to find out why (or why not), and how staff at Oxford currently use plagiarism screening tools, and to identify current and future requirements. 93 staff members completed the survey. The main findings are:
- There is potential for increasing the use of plagiarism awareness tools for summative and formative assessment through improved awareness and guidance for staff, and through modifications to examination conventions
- There is scope for expanding the use of plagiarism awareness tools for research theses
- Awareness of iThenticate is low and there is room for expanding the use of plagiarism awareness products in graduate admissions
- Biggest concerns regarding Turnitin relate to false positives/negatives and ease of use
- STEM disciplines report limited usefulness for Turnitin in their fields
If you would like a copy of the survey analysis, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.