Following discussions with stakeholders in Michaelmas and Hilary terms 2021, the project completed a plan for a joined-up approach to digital sign up for students. Discussions covered the following:
- Teaching arrangements in TMS, e.g. tutorials, seminars, laboratories
- Canvas courses that departments wish to make available to students in specific scenarios, for example:
- As optional for students on the related Programme of Study, perhaps with a cap on numbers
- To students on a Programme of Study with joint teaching, perhaps after the Canvas course has been offered to students on the original Programme of Study
- Relevant elements of the Teaching Unit Management System, e.g. enabling students to sign up to a Teaching Unit to view related teaching arrangements in TMS, and Canvas courses (Teaching Units and other terminology are covered in the user manual available from the Teaching Unit Management System support page)
The project worked stakeholders to agree a joined-up approach for students to be able to sign up to any of the above items that are offered to them by departments and colleges in the relevant systems. Requirements will need to be met via a separate project and funding but a joint approach will give students a smooth and user friendly experience of sign up.