Initiated in 2018, a project is underway to upgrade the University’s HR Information System (HRIS), CoreHR, to the latest version available, and to move the service to a supplier-hosted solution.
Delivered by IT Services in partnership with Human Resources, the upgrade has implications for all CoreHR users and, in June 2020, will also impact University employees when the project facilitates a move to online-only payslips and P60s.
What we are doing
The CoreHR Upgrade project will:
- Upgrade CoreHR from version 20 to the latest version available from the supplier (v28)
- Transition the University’s HRIS service to a supplier-hosted solution managed by CoreHR (this means that the software, data and underlying infrastructure will transfer to CoreHR's managed data centre)
- Implement a new hosted service management framework for the HRIS service. This framework will include the ability to accept future release upgrades on a faster and more frequent cycle
- Implement a new HRIS reporting solution to replace Oracle Discoverer (which is no longer actively supported by Oracle)
- Manage the move to online-only payslips and P60s
The project team is engaging with all stakeholders throughout this process. A dedicated project microsite has been created to provide CoreHR users with regular updates, training and support.
Information for employees about future updates to HR Self-Service and the move to online-only payslips and P60s is available on the Staff Gateway page.
Timeline and outcomes
The project team successfully delivered the system switchover from version 20 to version 26 and the move to a supplier-hosted service.
The Recruitment functionality was migrated from the Back Office to the Portal, on version 26 and online CoreHR training was rolled out for Recruitment (replacing classroom-based training).
The project team are currently preparing to:
- bring the University’s HRIS completely up to date with the latest version available (v28)
- move the Personnel module from the Back Office to the Portal
- release a new, fully supported reporting tool
- move to online-only payslips and P60s for the majority of staff
This project is currently expected to be completed in summer 2020.