Oxford University is celebrated throughout the world for the quality of its research, and to maintain that quality there is an ever-increasing need for researchers to store, access, manage and share the data they are working with, data that is of critical value. To better support them, the Research File Service (RFS) project will deliver a secure and resilient central storage facility for active research data. It will be available to all researchers across the University and can be accessed via a user-friendly digital interface.
RFS will enable active collaboration across departments and divisions, as well as externally with the wider research community. It will become the University’s preferred way of sharing research data, and will be fully compliant with University data governance regulations.
RFS will deliver secure, affordable, scalable storage for active research data and will:
• Provide an easy-to-use, reliable service
• Protect active research data
• Facilitate compliance with GDPR and the University information security policy
• Enable researchers to collaborate safely within the University and externally
• Offer a service to all researchers, via a wide variety of devices and platforms.